asphalt-proof
Jan 13, 09:07 PM
My predictions are thus: (feel free to write them down and pass them down to your grandchildren to be read as scripture)
1. There will be much "boom-age"
2. But it will be a hollow sounding 'boom'
3. iTunes rentals of movies
4. Updates on on the laptop line
5. A presentation of of the SDK and what some devs have already produced on it along with a software update on iphone
6. A heartfelt thanks to the employees and their families
6. end of Keynote
7. Much weeping and lamentation on the internets.
I think that "something in the Air" may be referring to rentals of movies, and maybe .Mac intergration with the iPhone. Maybe there will be an ultralight macbook released as well, but don't we usually see SOME evidence of something concrete by this time. If nothing else, at least a blurry photo of something in an elevator. but this time, nothing.... nada. Maybe they have found all the leaks and have efficiently and effectively plugged them. But it just seems too quiet. I predict a less than exciting Macworld this year.:(
1. There will be much "boom-age"
2. But it will be a hollow sounding 'boom'
3. iTunes rentals of movies
4. Updates on on the laptop line
5. A presentation of of the SDK and what some devs have already produced on it along with a software update on iphone
6. A heartfelt thanks to the employees and their families
6. end of Keynote
7. Much weeping and lamentation on the internets.
I think that "something in the Air" may be referring to rentals of movies, and maybe .Mac intergration with the iPhone. Maybe there will be an ultralight macbook released as well, but don't we usually see SOME evidence of something concrete by this time. If nothing else, at least a blurry photo of something in an elevator. but this time, nothing.... nada. Maybe they have found all the leaks and have efficiently and effectively plugged them. But it just seems too quiet. I predict a less than exciting Macworld this year.:(
mrsir2009
Apr 23, 05:34 PM
Microsoft is planning to release an App Store for Windows.
Oh yay! Another app-store rip off years after the OSX one has debuted.
Oh yay! Another app-store rip off years after the OSX one has debuted.
toddybody
Apr 25, 12:13 PM
IMHO, it looks gorgeous. I'd love to have one...
Rocketman
Oct 10, 05:55 PM
Nope... we're thinking this will be a totally different iPod product, separate from the normal iPod or the nano or the shuffle.
On the wireless topic, isn't there a faster or larger range or higher bandwidth Bluetooth now?
If they would only make it about 3/16" thicker, the hard drive could have double the platters.
Rocketman
On the wireless topic, isn't there a faster or larger range or higher bandwidth Bluetooth now?
If they would only make it about 3/16" thicker, the hard drive could have double the platters.
Rocketman
vincenz
Apr 15, 05:18 PM
How is "gay history" different than regular history? lol
One has "gay" and the other doesn't? :p
One has "gay" and the other doesn't? :p
citizenzen
May 6, 09:47 AM
I was under the impression you had.
You were the first person to use the word "ban".
I was responding directly to you post.
I apologize for using the same term you had.
It was a poor choice of words ... for both of us.
However, in my posts immediately preceding the one in question, I used the word "fewer".
Not zero, no ban ... just fewer.
You were the first person to use the word "ban".
I was responding directly to you post.
I apologize for using the same term you had.
It was a poor choice of words ... for both of us.
However, in my posts immediately preceding the one in question, I used the word "fewer".
Not zero, no ban ... just fewer.
MT37
Jan 15, 04:05 PM
So what was announced other then MacBook Air, the updates for iPhone and iPod Touch, and that external harddrive thing?
Quboid
Jan 12, 12:54 AM
Those are not smug, those are facts!
In case you can't tell, I'm serious.
"aint that just cool? cute white text tricks?"
Use the apple dictionary and look up the word fact.:confused:
In case you can't tell, I'm serious.
"aint that just cool? cute white text tricks?"
Use the apple dictionary and look up the word fact.:confused:
Phat_Pat
Sep 7, 11:06 PM
Its Music. Music now a days contains some curse words. There were no 5 year olds in that audience. 5 year olds are not going to watch a keynote. Everyone in that audience has heard the word and are mature enough to handle it. Just because he doesn't like Bush doesn't mean he's a bad person. Its his opinion. I have mine too...
His music is fantastic, and seriously who here doesn't have a song in their music library with the f-bomb in it.
Just because you don't like rap doesn't mean you should put him down. In his genre he is up there with the best. And of course apple's heard his songs. its the number one song/album on iTms. Not everyone in apple is 50+ years old and listens to nothing but the Beach Boys and Cher.

Penélope Cruz Shows Off Baby

Penelope Cruz recently denied

pictures of Penelope Cruz

a aby bump peeking out,

Penelope Cruz Shopping With a

Baby Bump Update: Penélope

Penelope Cruz is nearly five

It#39;s official: Penelope Cruz

Penelope Cruz#39;s baby bump

Penelope Cruz Shows Off
His music is fantastic, and seriously who here doesn't have a song in their music library with the f-bomb in it.
Just because you don't like rap doesn't mean you should put him down. In his genre he is up there with the best. And of course apple's heard his songs. its the number one song/album on iTms. Not everyone in apple is 50+ years old and listens to nothing but the Beach Boys and Cher.
ju5tin81
Sep 12, 07:37 AM
Not gonna happen. Apple will let you watch in the living room, it will just be via wireless streaming.
Damn! It would've given them the edge over Amazons 'unbox' thing and made them seem fairer... Ah well...
As long as there are no big 'WARNING' screens that you can't skip through like on a DVD disc....
Damn! It would've given them the edge over Amazons 'unbox' thing and made them seem fairer... Ah well...
As long as there are no big 'WARNING' screens that you can't skip through like on a DVD disc....
TrulyYuki
Apr 12, 12:48 PM
a gift from my fiance. Not quite a personal purchase. I have a little obsession with cupcakes.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2345/photokhu.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/i/photokhu.jpg/)
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2345/photokhu.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/i/photokhu.jpg/)
Mousse
Jul 28, 12:22 PM
The Volt should sell for no more than $20,000. What a ripoff!!!!
:confused::confused::confused:
How do you figure? A comparable gas powered car is in the $30,000+ range. Hybrids have always been higher priced than equivalent gas powered cars. Electric even higher priced than hybrids. Besides, a early adopters are paying for the development cost in addition to the production cost.
Anyhow, I'll only be interested once it hits the road. I've been hearing a production model is coming next year for a few years now.:rolleyes:
:confused::confused::confused:
How do you figure? A comparable gas powered car is in the $30,000+ range. Hybrids have always been higher priced than equivalent gas powered cars. Electric even higher priced than hybrids. Besides, a early adopters are paying for the development cost in addition to the production cost.
Anyhow, I'll only be interested once it hits the road. I've been hearing a production model is coming next year for a few years now.:rolleyes:
DTphonehome
Oct 19, 04:37 PM
Dividends, yes that would be a good idea, what with $10 billion in cash on hand. Microsoft finally decided that their cash horde was becoming a bit of an embarrassment and declared one.
Seriously, the more I think about it, the more upset I am that they aren't offering one. I mean, what the heck are they goint to do with $10 billion? Even the most aggressive expansion and R&D strategy doesn't justify holding onto that. And it would be a great way to offset any damage from the options fiasco. And it would boost the shares 5% (at least) on announcement. They USED to pay a dividend (1987-1995). It's time to bring it back!
Seriously, the more I think about it, the more upset I am that they aren't offering one. I mean, what the heck are they goint to do with $10 billion? Even the most aggressive expansion and R&D strategy doesn't justify holding onto that. And it would be a great way to offset any damage from the options fiasco. And it would boost the shares 5% (at least) on announcement. They USED to pay a dividend (1987-1995). It's time to bring it back!
LightSpeed1
Apr 10, 05:41 PM
Working on my new setup. Just ordered a Dell Ultrasharp 24" and a set of Swan M10's.
robotfist
Apr 5, 04:07 PM
This is possibly the dumbest thing Apple has ever done.
I can't WAIT to go browsing though this list of stupid banner ads! I wonder if I can collect them all???!!! I LOVE pop up windows in my browser and I've always wanted to be able to view them at anytime, without having to go to annoying websites just to get each one to load. Now I can have a crap ton of banner ads right at my fingertips!!! THANKS APPLE!!!
I hope they release a pro version of this app for the Mac OS!! Maybe they will incorporate a version inside the mail program that allows me to see ads for VIAGRA and STOCK OPPORTUNITIES IN AFRICA in cover flow!!!
I can't WAIT to go browsing though this list of stupid banner ads! I wonder if I can collect them all???!!! I LOVE pop up windows in my browser and I've always wanted to be able to view them at anytime, without having to go to annoying websites just to get each one to load. Now I can have a crap ton of banner ads right at my fingertips!!! THANKS APPLE!!!
I hope they release a pro version of this app for the Mac OS!! Maybe they will incorporate a version inside the mail program that allows me to see ads for VIAGRA and STOCK OPPORTUNITIES IN AFRICA in cover flow!!!
rtdgoldfish
Apr 3, 08:14 PM
So I got a call from the investigator in charge of my case earlier tonight. They had done a lot of background work on the house I had suspected. A lot of pawn shops in the area had the house down for a bunch of random video games, DVDs and jewlrey. This gave the cops enough info combined with my info to get a warrant.
They went to the house and a lady answered the door. She was more than willing to let the police in to search the place. After searching, they came up with nothing. Not even a single game, controller, anything. The house is a rental house. The guy with the pawn record had moved out two months ago. His lease was up December 31st and this new lady had moved in during January.
This basically leaves the police back at square one. There are no leads, no other suspect houses in the neighborhood. Except for Microsoft.
Basically, all Microsoft has to do is give them the IP address that my XBox is using and the police have the ability to do the rest. They can contact the ISP and track down where they are connecting to the internet.
Microsoft, however, will not do this. I have called them numerous times as have the police. Microsoft claims they have no way to track an IP address when you sign on to XBox Live. As any of you know, this is total BS. It is so simple to track an IP address, especially when you sign on to any service requiring a password and screen name.
My question now turns to this: how do I get Microsoft to give up this information?? The cops are not able to get any info, Microsoft is giving me a run-around. I'm open to any ideas, if anyone knows a phone number for someone higher up the food chain at Microsoft, that would be great. I'm just really pissed off that someone is still using my 360 and Microsoft won't do anything to help.
They went to the house and a lady answered the door. She was more than willing to let the police in to search the place. After searching, they came up with nothing. Not even a single game, controller, anything. The house is a rental house. The guy with the pawn record had moved out two months ago. His lease was up December 31st and this new lady had moved in during January.
This basically leaves the police back at square one. There are no leads, no other suspect houses in the neighborhood. Except for Microsoft.
Basically, all Microsoft has to do is give them the IP address that my XBox is using and the police have the ability to do the rest. They can contact the ISP and track down where they are connecting to the internet.
Microsoft, however, will not do this. I have called them numerous times as have the police. Microsoft claims they have no way to track an IP address when you sign on to XBox Live. As any of you know, this is total BS. It is so simple to track an IP address, especially when you sign on to any service requiring a password and screen name.
My question now turns to this: how do I get Microsoft to give up this information?? The cops are not able to get any info, Microsoft is giving me a run-around. I'm open to any ideas, if anyone knows a phone number for someone higher up the food chain at Microsoft, that would be great. I'm just really pissed off that someone is still using my 360 and Microsoft won't do anything to help.
linux2mac
Mar 30, 09:12 AM
This is why I switched to Mac. I don't miss these Windows headaches or spending money on anti-virus software every year. :D
Spotify ads hit by malware attack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12891182
Spotify ads hit by malware attack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12891182
AndroidfoLife
Apr 16, 03:20 AM
Let us not compare Apples to turds.
Black berries now touch screen phones are really good. I loved my black berry... Hell i miss it. RIM makes a great smart phone, they are still holding strong to the one thing google and apple want most: Enterprise. ( I think if it ever leaves RIM it will go to Windows Phone.
Black berries now touch screen phones are really good. I loved my black berry... Hell i miss it. RIM makes a great smart phone, they are still holding strong to the one thing google and apple want most: Enterprise. ( I think if it ever leaves RIM it will go to Windows Phone.
bluejacket
Sep 12, 08:13 AM
Film content from Fox and Dreamworks?!
Look at the german Quicktime page, bottom left, under "iTunes Videos": Transporter 2 from Fox and Red Eye from Dreamworks!!
http://www.apple.com/de/quicktime/mac.html
Judging by the URL these are for trailers.
Look at the german Quicktime page, bottom left, under "iTunes Videos": Transporter 2 from Fox and Red Eye from Dreamworks!!
http://www.apple.com/de/quicktime/mac.html
Judging by the URL these are for trailers.
Mac Fly (film)
Oct 19, 11:42 AM
Split twice so that's 1600 shares now. $125K - you got him beat ;)
So you only payed $1600 for them, and now they're worth $125,000. You legend!! Good luck..
So you only payed $1600 for them, and now they're worth $125,000. You legend!! Good luck..
Much Ado
Oct 29, 07:45 AM
Just as same, just as ridiculous, as saying that running Apple software on other hardware makes it "more difficult to use."
Perhaps, (but I still maintain that it's 'easier' to run 'non-Apple' software on a Mac than it is to run OS X on 'non Apple' hardware. But it's true to say that calling Apple exclusively a 'hardware' or 'software' company is a little short sighted, so we're in agreement there.)
It is the hardware sales that keep them afloat, and it's the software that makes the hardware more attractive.
Which is what a lot of people have been saying already :)
To clarify:
Apple is not a normal company. It's a one-off, niche company that do things differently from the rest of the industry. If OS X is licenced to other PC makers then part of the Mac eco-system is lost, and that will kill Apple.
Perhaps, (but I still maintain that it's 'easier' to run 'non-Apple' software on a Mac than it is to run OS X on 'non Apple' hardware. But it's true to say that calling Apple exclusively a 'hardware' or 'software' company is a little short sighted, so we're in agreement there.)
It is the hardware sales that keep them afloat, and it's the software that makes the hardware more attractive.
Which is what a lot of people have been saying already :)
To clarify:
Apple is not a normal company. It's a one-off, niche company that do things differently from the rest of the industry. If OS X is licenced to other PC makers then part of the Mac eco-system is lost, and that will kill Apple.
Matthew Yohe
Mar 28, 10:22 PM
I think we are headed towards a "locked down" OS X, FWIW.
Uh, no.
Uh, no.
Matt-M
Apr 16, 10:09 AM
The new pics posted by Khazov Denis are interesting, but it looks like the model number on the back is A1289, which would not be consistent with the current numbering:
A1203 - Original iPhone
A1241 - iPhone 3G
A1303 - iPhone 3GS
A1324 - iPhone 3G no WiFi (for China)
A1325 - iPhone 3GS no WiFi (for China)
A1203 - Original iPhone
A1241 - iPhone 3G
A1303 - iPhone 3GS
A1324 - iPhone 3G no WiFi (for China)
A1325 - iPhone 3GS no WiFi (for China)
croooow
Apr 8, 01:26 PM
Why would you run a promotion on something that sells out the moment they come into inventory?...
It's not to promote the iPad 2, it's to promote BestBuy (get people into the stores and try to get them to buy other stuff. iPad accessories or maybe some of the other rubbish they have in there)
It's not to promote the iPad 2, it's to promote BestBuy (get people into the stores and try to get them to buy other stuff. iPad accessories or maybe some of the other rubbish they have in there)
No comments:
Post a Comment