longsilver
Sep 12, 09:00 AM
All new Macs have DL SD (well, all new Macs with SDs)...
Is that true of the MacBook and the 15.4" MacBook Pro? I thought they didn't have DL.
Is that true of the MacBook and the 15.4" MacBook Pro? I thought they didn't have DL.
Ygn
Nov 6, 08:38 AM
To my surprise I can't find another thread about the new Call of Duty game released on the 9th... so here it is.
Has anyone pre-ordered their copy of CoD: Black Ops? And what platform are you getting it on, it's gonna be PS3 for me.
My order with Amazon changed to 'Dispatching Soon' earlier. :)
Has anyone pre-ordered their copy of CoD: Black Ops? And what platform are you getting it on, it's gonna be PS3 for me.
My order with Amazon changed to 'Dispatching Soon' earlier. :)

twoodcc
May 14, 04:28 PM
the temps haven't been that high (70C or under). i have changed the voltages, but maybe not enough. that's one of those things you have to play with.
but it looks like 2 of my rigs are down now. i might be driving back to fix them tomorrow night i guess. i'll put both of them back to 3.5 ghz and hopefully they'll stay stable.
my asus has been rock solid compared to the other 2 though. staying at 3.5-3.6 ghz
so i'm back at my apartment now, and i was wrong. the home built rig is still going! it's the asus and alienware that both restarted for some reason (probably a crash of some sort).
so that's somewhat good news. i've got the other 2 running again now, but we'll see how long it lasts this time.
i haven't messed with the asus in a long time, so i'm not sure what's going on with it. i might need to change some settings on the alienware though.
anyone want to recommend me a good remote desktop solution for windows?
but it looks like 2 of my rigs are down now. i might be driving back to fix them tomorrow night i guess. i'll put both of them back to 3.5 ghz and hopefully they'll stay stable.
my asus has been rock solid compared to the other 2 though. staying at 3.5-3.6 ghz
so i'm back at my apartment now, and i was wrong. the home built rig is still going! it's the asus and alienware that both restarted for some reason (probably a crash of some sort).
so that's somewhat good news. i've got the other 2 running again now, but we'll see how long it lasts this time.
i haven't messed with the asus in a long time, so i'm not sure what's going on with it. i might need to change some settings on the alienware though.
anyone want to recommend me a good remote desktop solution for windows?

Chundles
Sep 12, 12:30 AM
The TV Shows section started out with 5 shows (zero here) and now look at it, there are hundreds of TV Shows for download on iTunes (zero here).
It just takes a few to get it going and once some momentum is established it just keeps picking up speed.
It just takes a few to get it going and once some momentum is established it just keeps picking up speed.
rhett7660
Apr 22, 10:15 AM
Boy I can't wait to see this used on some of the posts by certain members. This is going to be down right comical. Nothing like seeing a -54 on a post. :D
urbanslaughter
Oct 6, 10:43 AM
I have to say, when I first heard about the iPhone I let my Verizon account go, because I knew I wanted to get the iPhone. Well AT&T sucks up in my part of the woods. We have terrible coverage. My girlfriend uses Verizon - let's just say, I can't wait for Verizon to start offering the iPhone.
fivepoint
May 4, 05:55 PM
Dude, you're clueless.
I have a severe congenital hearing loss and it's really amazing how parents don't really understand the long term consequences of poor hearing protection.
Just as in almost all other health matters, the more exposure to loud noises when young, the more likely a child is to end up with a hearing loss as he ages. Some parents do insist on hearing protection when using firearms, but I'm sure there are a lot that don't. Shooting guns without hearing protection is like taking a five year old to a Nascar race. Very, very irresponsible simply based on the noise level.
I'm sure Dr Choi was speaking of the danger of firearms being discharged by and around children with a lack of supervision, but your tunnel vision when it comes to the health and safety of children is appalling.
I think it's you who's clueless. You make it seem as if it's the role of government and physicians to eliminate risk in our lives. What's more risky, taking your kid to a NASCAR event without hearing protection, or raising them in a large city with lots of traffic and crime? What's more risky, raising your kids in a home with un-locked guns, or raising them with an ultra-protective disregard for a child's need to learn life lessons and experience the value of trust/responsibility first hand?
My dad had a rifle hanging on a gun-rack above his computer in his office for my entire life. The ammunition was directly below the gun in a drawer as part of the gun-rack. I was raised to respect the weapon and to never touch it unless I was given permission. I earned my parents' trust, and learned responsibility as a consequence. Was that wrong of my parents? Absolutely not, but I guess I'm just 'clueless.'
Where do you live? Cedar Rapids, where the nearest next physician is five or ten minutes away, at most? What if you were in Guttenberg, where the next physician is half an hour or more? Open-ended liberty to refuse to provide treatment at a whim is just plain irresponsible.
An unpopular physician creates the market demand for an alternative. Supply, unencumbered by any sort of rationing by the gov't subsidized higher-education system, would produce the complimentary supply.
In any event, do you seriously contend that this is a situation solveable by by big intrusive government controlling physicians and eliminating their ability to render services as they see fit?
I have a severe congenital hearing loss and it's really amazing how parents don't really understand the long term consequences of poor hearing protection.
Just as in almost all other health matters, the more exposure to loud noises when young, the more likely a child is to end up with a hearing loss as he ages. Some parents do insist on hearing protection when using firearms, but I'm sure there are a lot that don't. Shooting guns without hearing protection is like taking a five year old to a Nascar race. Very, very irresponsible simply based on the noise level.
I'm sure Dr Choi was speaking of the danger of firearms being discharged by and around children with a lack of supervision, but your tunnel vision when it comes to the health and safety of children is appalling.
I think it's you who's clueless. You make it seem as if it's the role of government and physicians to eliminate risk in our lives. What's more risky, taking your kid to a NASCAR event without hearing protection, or raising them in a large city with lots of traffic and crime? What's more risky, raising your kids in a home with un-locked guns, or raising them with an ultra-protective disregard for a child's need to learn life lessons and experience the value of trust/responsibility first hand?
My dad had a rifle hanging on a gun-rack above his computer in his office for my entire life. The ammunition was directly below the gun in a drawer as part of the gun-rack. I was raised to respect the weapon and to never touch it unless I was given permission. I earned my parents' trust, and learned responsibility as a consequence. Was that wrong of my parents? Absolutely not, but I guess I'm just 'clueless.'
Where do you live? Cedar Rapids, where the nearest next physician is five or ten minutes away, at most? What if you were in Guttenberg, where the next physician is half an hour or more? Open-ended liberty to refuse to provide treatment at a whim is just plain irresponsible.
An unpopular physician creates the market demand for an alternative. Supply, unencumbered by any sort of rationing by the gov't subsidized higher-education system, would produce the complimentary supply.
In any event, do you seriously contend that this is a situation solveable by by big intrusive government controlling physicians and eliminating their ability to render services as they see fit?
leekohler
Mar 4, 11:07 AM
Keep talking Veil, 2010 was just the 'coming attractions.'
No- you keep talking, please. Please, we beg you to keep trying crap like this. It'll all but guarantee the Republicans' demise. Really, you could not self destruct more beautifully. You're not for freedom at all, just freedom for government and corporations to walk all over their workers. And since you never mentioned the anti-gay addition to this bill, I assume you're OK with that too.
No- you keep talking, please. Please, we beg you to keep trying crap like this. It'll all but guarantee the Republicans' demise. Really, you could not self destruct more beautifully. You're not for freedom at all, just freedom for government and corporations to walk all over their workers. And since you never mentioned the anti-gay addition to this bill, I assume you're OK with that too.
dethmaShine
Apr 29, 01:59 PM
283485
andyblac
Aug 7, 02:51 PM
UK prices have not changed still �529 for the 20" and �779 for 23", i'm ready to buy a new Mac Pro 2.66 & a Cinema Display but not if the UK prices dont drop.
benjayman2
Apr 9, 01:21 AM
280390
reported the website misprint
So how much did you nab it for with the misprint if you don't mind telling? I wish that happened to me. I've been looking a for a good m4/3 for a while, but they are all so expensive that I might as get a dslr.
reported the website misprint
So how much did you nab it for with the misprint if you don't mind telling? I wish that happened to me. I've been looking a for a good m4/3 for a while, but they are all so expensive that I might as get a dslr.
iShater
Jul 27, 03:18 PM
The Nissan Leaf list for about $25k to $26k and is an ALL electric vehicle. GM better get their head out of the sand.
Does it have the same options? or looks?
Does it have the same options? or looks?
phineas
Oct 6, 01:20 PM
Isn't Verizon's 4G network going to be GSM?
on another note if it is wouldn't their coverage also be spotty?
I believe the way to say it is LTE, which boils down to GSM and yes there supposed to start in 2010
on another note if it is wouldn't their coverage also be spotty?
I believe the way to say it is LTE, which boils down to GSM and yes there supposed to start in 2010

xPismo
Oct 28, 04:22 PM
Didn't the Open Darwin project get shut down a few months back already? I don't like the concept of Apple loosing its open kernel due to someone reading between the lines on what is legal and what is right. Thats sad.
Even when you talk to these people they eventually get around to saying that everything "digital" should be free. I assume they don't really work for a living and think that welfare should be universal and include them de novo, probably play/sing " The Internationale" at sunrise and bedtime and have never paid taxes or at least intend not to.
I would NEVER hire anyone like this since they obviously have NO problem with stealing others' hard work.
Gah, that is a wild generalisation of many distinct groups which have nothing in common. Can we please differentiate from OpenSource and Cracked Software? You are giving the most interesting component of modern software a bad name. :mad:
Hello guys,I found some more info about open source 10.4.8 kernel. :D <snip> Check it out...
Best thing about that link is the youTube "and Boom!" video of SJ. :cool:
Even when you talk to these people they eventually get around to saying that everything "digital" should be free. I assume they don't really work for a living and think that welfare should be universal and include them de novo, probably play/sing " The Internationale" at sunrise and bedtime and have never paid taxes or at least intend not to.
I would NEVER hire anyone like this since they obviously have NO problem with stealing others' hard work.
Gah, that is a wild generalisation of many distinct groups which have nothing in common. Can we please differentiate from OpenSource and Cracked Software? You are giving the most interesting component of modern software a bad name. :mad:
Hello guys,I found some more info about open source 10.4.8 kernel. :D <snip> Check it out...
Best thing about that link is the youTube "and Boom!" video of SJ. :cool:
Music-Man
Sep 12, 08:04 AM
They appear to be movie trailers.
I thought tht too, but there's already a section on the page for trailer. Just about the iTunes Videos
I thought tht too, but there's already a section on the page for trailer. Just about the iTunes Videos
OdduWon
Oct 11, 10:52 AM
yea! comming zoon
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/jonathaniliff/microsoftzune.jpg
MAC: wait PC... pC are you ok.
PC: no, i had zune for lunch and .. ugggh,, oooh gawd, i think im going to blue screen
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/jonathaniliff/Pc_blue.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/jonathaniliff/microsoftzune.jpg
MAC: wait PC... pC are you ok.
PC: no, i had zune for lunch and .. ugggh,, oooh gawd, i think im going to blue screen
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/jonathaniliff/Pc_blue.jpg
rowlands
Oct 24, 11:17 PM
If I recall correctly they did formally apologize. I do genuinely like the guys at Gizmodo and I enjoying their blog, its a personal thing. Some of friends can't stand it and prefer Engadget.
I personally hope that they're given a chance to prove that they can make tech journalism fun without going over the top. If they blow it this time, I fully support punishment.
I personally hope that they're given a chance to prove that they can make tech journalism fun without going over the top. If they blow it this time, I fully support punishment.
ericschmerick
Sep 25, 06:17 PM
It still is pretty poor with compatibility when it comes to RAW. For example, it still can't read white balance from the meta data on RAW files off Canon cameras. Great!
Aperture's development also is going slow. Apple pulling out the software?
Perhaps all the developers are spending too much time on Leopard and Logic 8 at the moment.
Huh? Reads white balance fine from my 20d and 10d raw files.
I'm surprised at how responsive Apple has been with updates to Aperture. When the product first came out, there was huge scrutiny of the RAW conversion quality and long list of other critical image processing things (like RGB value reporting) - within a very short time, they updated it and solved the vast majority of those issues. The other big knock was file handling - now they've fixed that. The file handling in particular had to be a pretty significant rework of the code. Furthermore, they've updated the app to universal. I'd say that's a pretty blazing pace of development.
Eric
http://www.essersinchina.com/
Aperture's development also is going slow. Apple pulling out the software?
Perhaps all the developers are spending too much time on Leopard and Logic 8 at the moment.
Huh? Reads white balance fine from my 20d and 10d raw files.
I'm surprised at how responsive Apple has been with updates to Aperture. When the product first came out, there was huge scrutiny of the RAW conversion quality and long list of other critical image processing things (like RGB value reporting) - within a very short time, they updated it and solved the vast majority of those issues. The other big knock was file handling - now they've fixed that. The file handling in particular had to be a pretty significant rework of the code. Furthermore, they've updated the app to universal. I'd say that's a pretty blazing pace of development.
Eric
http://www.essersinchina.com/
MacNut
Jan 12, 02:11 AM
You could make the argument that all of Silicon Valley is smug.
wildmac
Oct 2, 03:46 PM
You'd expect Jobs would have some sympathy for the guy, what with his phreaking days before Apple.
No honor among theives... :cool:
No honor among theives... :cool:
aristobrat
Jan 12, 05:30 PM
it is my personal opinion that there also exists a 'Church of Apple' with 'members' who are smug, patronizing, holier-than-thou, basking in the glory of some perceived exclusivity and enlightenment, borderline brainwashed lodge brothers with a special handshake. It sickens me to no end. Again, this is merely one man's opinion, I know you wouldn't agree so let's just leave it there.
IMO, I think the general religion is "smug, matronizing, hollier-than-thou, etc", and it breaks down into sub-regions called Apple, Microsoft, Coke, Pepsi, etc, each with their own church. I'm not a fan of the Apple people that are like that, nor am I a fan of the Microsoft people who act that way either.
Well, I'm sure the iPhone was meant as a mere appetizer for the 30th anniversary... not "Well, it took us 30 years but dagnammit, we finally managed to make a thingamabob that rings!"
I was glad to hear Steve say "over the course of the next several months, we're going to roll out some awesome stuff for the Mac." :)
IMO, I think the general religion is "smug, matronizing, hollier-than-thou, etc", and it breaks down into sub-regions called Apple, Microsoft, Coke, Pepsi, etc, each with their own church. I'm not a fan of the Apple people that are like that, nor am I a fan of the Microsoft people who act that way either.
Well, I'm sure the iPhone was meant as a mere appetizer for the 30th anniversary... not "Well, it took us 30 years but dagnammit, we finally managed to make a thingamabob that rings!"
I was glad to hear Steve say "over the course of the next several months, we're going to roll out some awesome stuff for the Mac." :)
amols
Sep 12, 12:25 AM
If it's just Disney, then there's not much point. The reason iTMS succeeded from the start was that it was simple and it had the largest library from which you could purchase single songs. If the iTunes Movie store starts with just Disney movies, then it's dead in the water. Let's just hope that ThinkSecret is wrong again, as usual.
It's a start. What's tricky is the execution itself. Other studios will join the bandwagon like they did with music store.
It's a start. What's tricky is the execution itself. Other studios will join the bandwagon like they did with music store.
Chundles
Sep 12, 07:46 AM
Any idea if macrumors is covering todays event live just like the wwdc?
Yep, they sure are.
Yep, they sure are.
MT37
Jan 15, 04:05 PM
So what was announced other then MacBook Air, the updates for iPhone and iPod Touch, and that external harddrive thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment